Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Incorrigible Chicas

So, how has your week been since we last met?  I am guessing you might have come across some mean girls, right?  I have!  One thing I noticed is that mean girls in my adult life are definitely not like the ones I encountered when I was in high school which is what I expected.  It actually took me a minute to realize that I was encountering mean girls because they have become, well, I guess sneakier!   The high school mean girls made fun of my frizzy hair and crooked teeth, or sometimes made up rumors behind my back - what happened to the good ole days?!
Have you ever had a person in your life that you had to be extra cautious around?  I have several people in my life (that I can't extract, if you catch my drift, and, no, it's not any of you, my precious sisters!) that feel like I am trying to balance a boulder on my shoulder - constantly trying to keep that giant rock from falling off the front or the back, by watching every single word I say, every thing I type, even every emotion that I feel when I am around them, beads of sweat dripping from my dainty brow as I grab the phone, or sweaty palms as I type and email, and I haven't even touched on the guilt!  OH!  The GUILT!  I think the guilt is straight from the pits!  Being around them is so much work, it's extremely exhausting!  I think it's no coincidence that the times that they make me feel this way the most is around the holidays when I talk to and see these people most often.  Wouldn't satan just love to destroy our relationship during the time when we celebrate our precious Savior's birth?  
Now, these people are precious to me, they really are, and I LOVE them, I really do!  They'd do anything for me and I would NOT want to eliminate them from my life.  I've become pretty good at keeping them at arms length sometimes, though . . . . 
So, sisters, what are your mean girls like?

No comments: