Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Day FAST . . . er . . . FIVE!

Sometimes I like to read The Message version as well as the NIV . . . 

Psalm 119: 89-96 (The Message)
What you say goes, God
      and stays, as permanent as the heavens. 
   Your truth never goes out of fashion; 
      it's as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up. 
   Your Word and truth are dependable as ever; 
      that's what you ordered—you set the earth going. 
   If your revelation hadn't delighted me so, 
      I would have given up when the hard times came. 
   But I'll never forget the advice you gave me; 
      you saved my life with those wise words. 
   Save me! I'm all yours. 
      I look high and low for your words of wisdom. 
   The wicked lie in ambush to destroy me, 
      but I'm only concerned with your plans for me. 
   I see the limits to everything human, 
      but the horizons can't contain your commands!

So, Esther calls the Jews, Mordecai, herself, and her attendants to fast and pray for her during a time when her people would normally be chowing down (just like we are getting ready to do)!  She needs God's strength, wisdom, and courage so she can decide to go before the king without being summoned and if she makes it past the part where she gets to approach the king, let her not be killed.  This is her deciding moment.  What would happen if she didn't go before the king, and she succumbed to the fear/satan?  Would there be someone else able to save the Jews? "For such a time as this" indeed!
OK, does Beth Moore know me?  Because this particular SCC song is one of my all time favorites!  Here it is . . . AGAIN!!!


No comments: