Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Evolution of THIS Woman

At the end of Day 1 Week 8 she asked us what we were becoming.  I feel that I am constantly changing and evolving as I age, as I study His word more, as my children get older, as my marriage gets stronger.  But am I becoming someone different?  Gosh, YES!  At least I hope my answer is yes!  I know I always have room for improvement in lots of areas:  eating, exercise, mothering, wifeing, being a better daughter/sister/friend, striving to be more like Mary in a Martha world (some days I am more like Martha than I want to be).  It seems like everyday of my life is spent at least a little bit on patience and not letting other things or people steal my joy, and fine tuning my relationship with Him.

  Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. 
       We are the clay, you are the potter; 
       we are all the work of your hand.

Something that has been at the forefront in my mind for several years now is not comparing myself to others.  Each of us has a different walk and a different path that we are walking on with Him.  We all have our journeys that will somehow lead us to where He wants us to go.  There are times in my life when I look at friends or just people I know and think 'Wow!  I want to be where they are!' or worse, the guilt version 'I SHOULD be where they are!'  Then I remember . . . 

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

I know I'm not alone when I say that I am definitely not the same person I was when I was in high school, or college, or even when I was first married or even yesterday.  I am glad that He is working in me to make me who He wants me to be.  If He wasn't working on me I'd be pretty worried!  

as iron sharpens iron,
 so one man sharpens another." 
 

Blessings!
Lori

No comments: