Sunday, January 11, 2009

It Just Won't Leave Me Alone . . .

I've got a new kind of New Year's Resolution for myself and I thought that maybe, if we wanted, we could all join in. I know of someone very important to me that I am not 100% sure will go to heaven, or if they are their place might not be too great (their pants would definitely be on fire as they squeak through the pearly gates, if you know what I mean). So, I have committed to pray for my Dad everyday until I KNOW their walk with God is much more smooth, that they are helping people much more than they are hurting people, that they are making more friends than enemies, and that the right people are put in his path, that the right words come out of my mouth, and that he is blessing God and sees the blessings God has for him. I can remember when I was little asking him if he new Jesus he would say, "Well, of course I do!" But he wasn't a regular church goer, only an Easter, Christmas kind of guy. Now, I know you don't have to go to church every Sunday to get into heaven, but it sure does make life a lot smoother if you find a body of Bible believers that help you get fed. My Dad is a neat man, he knows a lot about a lot of things. His name has been on my heart for a very long time, and it just won't leave me alone.

So, if you have someone's name you want to add to this that's great, if not and you just want to do this privately that is fine, too. I'm sure we all know someone who hasn't accepted Christ or who could use some tweaking.

The List:
1. Dad
2. Larry
3. Candy

No comments: