Thursday, January 15, 2009

Did You Come Up With One on Day One?

When she asked us to come up with our own chiastic structure I thought 'oh, my goodness this is going to be so hard!' (in my best whiney voice, of course, but still to myself).  But once I started using my brain, and at 6:40 in the A.M. it was not easy, let me tell you, I got one that probably would've gotten a 'D' in a college class if not an 'F' but, hey, I tried.  Are you ready?  I totally borrowed some of one that she used and made it my own:

Ask not what your mother can do for you.
Ask what you can do for your mother.

There you have it girls.  My brain doing chiastic structure really early in the morning.  Aren't you impressed?  What did you come up with?  Let me know and I will post them (anonymously - how else!)

So, I loved the point she made that Esther was a master politician.  That she knew just how to play on King X's sympathies and strong points, Esther was not only beautiful, she was brilliant!  How many of you knew how to get what you wanted from your parents, especially in high school?  I knew that if I wanted to go hang out with my friends on a Saturday night that I probably needed to do some chores around the house, and if I wasn't told to do them that was even better - possibly worth a little extra spending $$!  So, I would do whatever I could think of on Saturday afternoon:  mow the lawn, clean my room, be nice to my sisters (THAT was hard), clean the bathrooms, put my laundry away, etc.  I knew that my parents valued the old "work before play" motto and I played that up big time.  (Looking back, did I really need to work that hard?  Probably not, I'm sure they would have been glad to have a hormonal, whiney, grouchy, fight-picking, practical jokester, mess maker out of the house for a few hours.  But they never said anything because they didn't have to do those chores - free evening for them, too!)

Well, girls, on to day two!  I don't know about you guys, but when I leave Janet's on Tuesday night I want to dive right back in because I want to know what happens next (even though I have seen the Veggie Tales version).

Speaking of the VT version . . . I was listening to it while I was driving the other day.  Queen V. was kicked out on her royal veggie rumpus because she refused to get out of bed to make her precious King Headache (a giant cucumber) a sandwich!  Ha HA!  I thought that was hilarious!  King Headache woke up hungry one night and wanted his woman to get up and make him a sandwich and she told him to make it himself!  I had a good little laugh there by myself in the driver's seat!

Ya'll have a great day now!

No comments: